Of course, now that you have used "A:" for your answers, I can no longer do the same. So I'll use "B:"..

Lisa D Beggs/AC/VCU wrote:

A) on the server itself :

    - close the browser and re-open it.
    - in the browser, find the place where you can "clear the cache".
       Ask someone around you where that is for this kind of browser.
    - do it (clear the cache, everything)
    - request the URL :
                 http://adm138/InfoViewApp

    - indicate the result here :

A: This is with having the port changed to 80 for all of these answers. I get redirected to the http://adm138/InfoViewApp/logon.jsp which is the logon page for the application.

B: Excellent. That is the normal behaviour, if the <Connector> in server.xml is set for port="80".

B) still on the server itself :

    - close the browser and re-open it.
    - in the browser, find the place where you can "clear the cache".
    - do it (clear the cache)
    - request the URL :
                 http://adm138:8080/InfoViewApp

    - indicate the result here :