On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 11:35 AM, Mitch Claborn<mi...@claborn.net> wrote:
> My usage is:  I store the key to the user's shopping cart in the
> session.

If I understand you correctly, then you would need to serialize the
session when it ended, to be able to resurrect it and retrieve that
key, or have never-expiring sessions (probably *not* a good idea).

>  I'd like the user to be able to come back a few days from now
> and still find the items they have placed in their shopping cart.  (This
> is mostly for anonymous users who don't sign in until checkout.)

Why can't you just save the cart key in a persistent cookie?

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroe...@gmail.com
twitter: @hassan