I don't have any problem with the session contents (on the tomcat
server).  I'm in a tomcat cluster and the sessions are replicated
between members of the cluster.  As long as at least one member of the
cluster is running, then the sessions survive.  I don't mind if the
sessions on the server expire after a number of days. I'm just wanting
the user to be able to keep his sessionid across browser sessions.

Mitch