Mitch Claborn wrote:
> I was able to change the expiration on the cookie with a one line change
> to org.apache.catalina.connector.Request and it works like I need it to.
>
> What is the official way to request an enhancement to allow this to be
> configurable?

The correct way is to open a bugzilla request although in this case it
is very likely to get rejected on the grounds that
a) it provides a mechanism that opens up a security hole
b) there are better solutions that don't have the same security issues

If you really want to do it this way I suspect you'll end up running a
locally patched Tomcat. The easiest way to do that is to take an
official ASF release and then add your local modifications to the lib
directory. In your case you'd add:
CATALINA_HOME/lib/org/apache/catalina/connector/Request.class

I'd suggest putting the Java file in the same place so anyone looking at
the system has an easy way to figure out what you changed.

All that said, the separate cookie solution discussed earlier in this
thread is the right solution. It also has the advantage that it will
work should you ever move to a different servlet container.

Mark