dear Friends,

I have mapped drive e: to \\Dell-1710\RSP_DEV\Appl\Web_Dev\Test_Proj\WebContent
there it gets latest compiled application through eclipse.

I have created a Test-E.xml in C:\Program Files\Tomcat
6.0\conf\Catalina\localhost
the contents are
<Context path="/Test-E"
        docBase="E:/"
        antiResourceLocking="false"
        allowLinking="true"
        />

If I try with http://localhost:8080/Test-E I wont get Error response.
But if I copy all contents
of e: to c:\Test-C and create Test-C.xml with contents
<Context path="/Test-C"
        docBase="C:/test-c"
        antiResourceLocking="false"
        allowLinking="true"
        />
http://localhost:8080/Test-C it gives index.html

I am newbie to Tomcat and would like to know whether docbase on mapped drives
are permitted or Not ? or shall I have to take any further actions to
get it working.

we are putting all our projects at central server and compiling there
only. Every time
copying contents of webContents to local c: drive is bit troublesome
and debugging is
also not possible can some experienced programmer give us a way
out.(This is our first web project).
Urls to howtos, reading material, suggestion of book will be very
useful to us so please help us.

Thanks and best regards.

Raja.