> From: R. S. Patil [mailto:kpr.rspa...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Putting Docbase on network drive. Is it Possible ?
>
> I have created a Test-E.xml in C:\Program Files\Tomcat
> 6.0\conf\Catalina\localhost
> the contents are
> <Context path="/Test-E"
>       docBase="E:/"
>       antiResourceLocking="false"
>       allowLinking="true"
>       />

Take out the path attribute (it's not allowed) and the allowLinking attribute
(ineffective on Windows).

> If I try with http://localhost:8080/Test-E I wont get Error response.

Not getting an error response is usually a good thing.  What do you get?

> I am newbie to Tomcat and would like to know whether docbase
> on mapped drives are permitted or Not ?

Works fine for me - as long as I'm running Tomcat via the startup.bat script.
If you're running Tomcat as a service, the service has no access to any drive
mappings you've made under your userid.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.