> From: R. S. Patil [mailto:kpr.rspa...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Putting Docbase on network drive. Is it Possible ?
>
> I ran the startup script in a terminal window. The terminal window wont
> come back to prompt as it does on Linux. For shutting down I have to
> open another window. Is it Normal or it has any other work around ?

No, that's not normal.  The startup.bat script uses the Windows "start" command
to initiate the Tomcat process in a command window separate from the one the
script is running in.  The original command window should return a prompt
almost immediately after displaying four "Using xxx" lines.  If it doesn't do
that, someone has modified - and broken - your startup.bat or catalina.bat
scripts.  Download a fresh copy of Tomcat and compare what you have with the
unmodified copy.

As André noted, CTRL-C can be used to cleanly terminate the Tomcat process when
you've terminated the original command window.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.