If you deploy an app off of %CATALINAHOME% then doesn't the user have to type http://my.domainname.com/myapp ? I want it to hit my app when I type http://my.domainname.com. That is how it works with our product today.

It starting to sound like the complete URL has to be part of % CATALINAHOME%'s path to get a filter hit ?

Thanks

On Jan 8, 2010, at 2:16 PM, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:

From: Patrick Flaherty [mailto:pflah...@rampageinc.com]
Subject: Re: Tomcat Filter Mapping Issue

I could not get it to work using our shipping configuration
which is appBase pointing to a folder off the c:\ drive.

That's because you don't seem to understand the function of appBase: it doesn't point to a single webapp, it points to a *directory* under which each of your webapps is installed. For example, the single <Host> in the default Tomcat config is $CATALINA_HOME/webapps, and under webapps, you'll find ROOT, manager, docs, examples, etc.

You appear to have placed your webapp named Proofs under the default <Host>'s appBase, and everything works as expected. To use the webapp under the appBase of the ft.com <Host>, place the Proofs directory (or .war file) under the declared C:\FilterTest directory:
C:\FilterTest\
  Proofs\
    WEB-INF\
      lib\
      classes\
    META-INF\
      context.xml
etc.

<filter-mapping>
<filter-name>FileAccessFilter</filter-name>
<url-pattern>/Proofs/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

The <url-pattern> must not include the context name; it should really be just /*.

 - Chuck