On 30/06/2010 13:07, Tomislav Petrović wrote:
> Pid said on 30.6.2010 13:06:
>> On 30/06/2010 11:59, Tomislav Petrović wrote:
>>>     <Context path="/some_webapp" docBase="/some_webapp" debug="0"
>>> reloadable="true" crossContext="true">
>>>     <ResourceLink global="jdbc/SomeDB" name="jdbc/SomeDB"
>>> type="javax.sql.DataSource" />
>>>     <ResourceLink global="jdbc/SomeDB2" name="jdbc/SomeDB2"
>>> type="javax.sql.DataSource" />
>>
>> If these are the actual values then it's a miracle it's working at all.
>
> Only app name/paths and jdbs names have been changed to dummy values.
>

>> Instead of defining it there, remove the debug, path and docBase
>> attributes and put it in
>>
>>   some_webapp/META-INF/context.xml
>>

>> Tomcat will work out the rest automatically.
>

> Sorry for newbie question.
> Can you post me how my new server.xml should look and how
> some_webapp/META-INF/context.xml should look.

Nope.  Just do the following, it's not complicated:

0. Stop Tomcat.

1. Create a file (in each app) myappname/META-INF/context.xml.

2. Copy the entire Context definition & it's sub-elements into the file

3. Remove the 3 attributes I named (debug is deprecated, path & docBase
aren't used here)

4. Completely delete the Context definitions from server.xml.

5. Start Tomcat.

> Also would apprecite link to right documentation why it should be that
> way, thanks.

It's in the same place as the rest of the documentation:

> And do you really think this would solve my initial problem, or....?

Maybe, maybe not, but if we eliminate all the possible problems, we'll
know it's not one of those.