MIDAS
> database which transitioned pretty well from home grown assembler
based
> / hash indexed keys.

An ISAM storage system doesn't really qualify as a database system.
Does it?
I mean, you had to hard-code all the access yourself. (I also did a
little work in MIDAS.  IIRC, we used it for our account billing system.)
Information also used the same underlying segdir file structure for
storing data, but it also had a real run-time engine for managing the
data for you, and for processing near-english data queries.

Confidentiality Notice:  This Transmission (including any attachments) may
contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the

If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to
the sender or telephone (512) 343-9100 and delete this transmission from your
system.