I believe the technical term most folks use is "natural language query".

The tables where dictionary-based, and you didn't really have joins.  If
there was a need to reference data from another table, using foreign
keys, you added a translate entry to the database for the necessary
fields.
Then instead of needing to use and understand SQL, you simple said
something like:
  Select customer_name, address, invoice_id, total invoice_amt from
customer-table by customer_name;
and you got a nice table listing each customer and its invoices with a
total invoice amount per customer and a grand total at the end.

Confidentiality Notice:  This Transmission (including any attachments) may
contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the

If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to
the sender or telephone (512) 343-9100 and delete this transmission from your
system.