What's
> in the <Context> elements for your webapps?  If you're using anything
other
> than the default (and implicit) <Loader>, that might affect how class
searching
> is done.  Also, if you have anything in the system classpath at Tomcat
startup,
> that might also impact proceedings.

Inside the <Context> there is nothing non-standard. Nothing about the loader
indeed.
It doesn't work either in the Tomcat installation at my production server,
or the Tomcat local installation that my Eclipse uses when running the app.

One interesting thing is happening though. Now it is showing the error
messages in the log when I run it on Eclipse, but then IT WORKS!

This is the context that Eclipse generated for the app, that shows all the
error messages in the log:

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
  <Context docBase="C:\Tomcat\webapps\VistaControlador" reloadable="true"
source="org.eclipse.jst.jee.server:VistaControlador" />