Hi Chuck,

Yes, it is, I forgot to use the shift key.

> > it seems that the JARs there are not being discovered by Tomcat.
>
> Access permissions?  (Not likely if you're starting with a .war file.)

That is not the problem, because as you said there is the WAR file that
expands, and other files there (.jsp for example) are reachable

> Did you remove the jars from the shared library?  (You must.)

Yes, I did, even though I read somewhere that if the JAR files are found in
"WEB-INF/lib", they are read from there before the "..../shared/lib"
directory, if present at both places at the same time.

> What does your catalina.properties look like now?

Taking out the comments, now this is the content:
package.access=sun.,org.apache.catalina.,org.apache.coyote.,org.apache.tomca
t.,org.apache.jasper.,sun.beans.
package.definition=sun.,java.,org.apache.catalina.,org.apache.coyote.,org.ap
ache.tomcat.,org.apache.jasper.
common.loader=${catalina.base}/lib,${catalina.base}/lib/*.jar,${catalina.hom
e}/lib,${catalina.home}/lib/*.jar
server.loader=
shared.loader=
tomcat.util.buf.StringCache.byte.enabled=true