Environment:
Solaris 10
Apache 2.2.16
mod_jk 1.2.31
Tomcat 5.5.30
JVM 1.6.0_14

We're experiencing an intermittent problem with responses from our servers.
Sometimes (no more precision available than "sometimes") a server will start
returning a response unrelated to the request. Recently, we managed to apply
a testing tool to a server that had gotten into this state (makes repeated
requests, check summing, outputs changes), and found that the wrong

The requests that get wrong responses are requests for JSP pages - we
haven't observed wrong responses for non-Java requests, and the test did
include some requests for non-Java-provided content. It's not confirmed
whether requests to servlets also sometimes get a handy but completely
incorrect response.

The testing tool is not session-aware - that is, each request it makes ends
up in a separate session if it ends up in a session at all.

One of the JSP that got wrong responses in testing contained nothing but
html - it doesn't look like code in the JSPs themselves are causing this.

In earlier, less-intensive testing, we found that requests directly to
Tomcat weren't experiencing response swapping, but requests through Apache
to Tomcat were - this has not yet been confirmed with the testing tool.