On 02/04/2012 16:14, Léa Massiot wrote:

> Pid * wrote
>> Either they did not, or they selected an alternative based on their
>> use-case.
> I'm sure they did. You'll see below, my requirements are basic.
>

> Pid * wrote
>> What is your exact requirement?
> - Users upload files to the server running Tomcat.
> - The Webapp stores these file on the hard disk in some directory which has
> nothing to do neither with the Webapp nor with the Tomcat engine. Let's name
> it "d1".
> - I needed an alias for the directory "d1" to refer to it from inside the
> Webapp.

Please define 'inside'.  Does the application need to perform an
internal forward, or does the client just need to be able to request the
URL for the resource?

In the latter case, put a Context file in:

 tomcat/conf/Catalina/$hostname/$alias.xml

 <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
 <Context docBase="/path/to/d1">
 </Context>