Léa Massiot wrote:
Thank you all three for your last answers.

André Warnier wrote
this might help, in a container- and version-independent way :
http://jaitechwriteups.blogspot.de/2007/01/how-to-read-properties-file-in-web.html
I'm sorry, no offence... but I don't see how... :/

No offence taken.

What I meant (if I understood your basic issue properly) was :
- you need to tell your webapp where the uploaded files should be
stored/retrieved
- you cannot do it via an "alias" under Tomcat < v7
- so instead of an alias, do it via a property in a properties file, which your webapp would read This is (almost) a "pure java" solution, which would work under any servlet container of any version.