Thank you all three for your last answers.

André Warnier wrote
> this might help, in a container- and version-independent way :
> http://jaitechwriteups.blogspot.de/2007/01/how-to-read-properties-file-in-web.html
I'm sorry, no offence... but I don't see how... :/

Pid * wrote
> Please define 'inside'.
In this Web page:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/context.html (look for the
first occurrence of the word "aliases" in this document), there is a
description of what the "aliases" attribute is used for.
Excerpt: "This attribute provides a list of external locations from which to
load resources for this context."
When I use the word "inside" (maybe improperly) I intend to mean the
opposite of what is called an "external location" in the documentation
mentionned above.

My requirements more clearly now I hope:
I just want to know, what is the "more basic" mechanism which was used in
"Tomcat6" to do what the "aliases" attribute of the "Context" element of the
"context.xml" file permits now to do in "Tomcat7".

Note 1: I had'nt realized this "aliases" attribute was
container-version-dependent. I wouldn't have used it otherwise.
Note 2: Maybe this mechanism has to be implemented directly in the Webapp's
source code instead.
Note 3: The interesting idea behind this "external location" notion is to be
able to isolate ressources from the Webapp itself and yet being able to
refer to them from inside the Webapp.

Thank you for helping and best regards.