From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of James Carman
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 4:37 PM
To: users@wicket.apache.org
Subject: Re: [announce] wicketstuff-annotation 1.0 released

The name wicket-annotations doesn't really tell you anything about what
features it provides (as was pointed out earlier).  If I were a person
wanting to find an easier way to mount pages, it wouldn't necessarily be
obvious to check wicket-annotations.  However, it would be more obvious
if I saw something called wicket-automount.

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Ryan Sonnek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> the only reason to break annotations out into separate distributions
> is if  new dependencies are introduced with a subset of annotations.
>
>  if a new annotation comes along that requires hibernate jars to be on

> the  classpath, that definitely should be it's own project.
> otherwise, it makes  sense to lump all annotations together.
>
>  On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 2:59 PM, James Carman
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  wrote:
>

>  > Yes, but should we globalize the "annotations" namespace to mean
> that  > anyone who wants to do anything with annotations should put it

> inside  > this project?  Perhaps keeping things smaller is a better
> idea.  That  > way, if I want to use automount, but I don't want all
> of the other  > annotation-based goodies, I can just download this
> little nugget and  > use it.
>  >
>  > On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Doug Donohoe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
>  > >
>  > >  Matthijs,
>  > >
>  > >  That is a good point and I did consider that, but I thought if
> anyone  > else  > >  wants to do things with annotations and wicket in

> the future, this  > would be  > >  a perfect place to put that code
> (especially given the underlying  > scanning  > >  support).  Thus, I
> was being optimistic about the future.  Believe me,  > I  > >  spent
> an hour staring out the window trying to decide on the right  > name.
>  > >
>  > >  Hopefully the documentation explains clearly what it does.
>  > >
>  > >  -Doug
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >  Matthijs Wensveen-2 wrote:
>  > >  >
>  > >  > Doug Donohoe wrote:
>  > >  >> I am pleased to announce the 1.0 release of
wicketstuff-annotation.