On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 5:03 PM, Brill Pappin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think you are *not* in the minority, but a lot of the dissenters piped in
> last minute in a big flood so to some it might look that way.

I think this is a baseless statement: both sides have been very vocal.
In any case this will not be a majority vote unless there is a 1-99%
split, but even then: the core committers have the final say and it is
their responsibility to move the project forward in the way they deem
to be in the best interest of the framework. This doesn't say the
wicket committers don't value your input, nor won't take it into
account (lots of double negatives). In other words: we *do* value your
input and feedback, and will take it into account, but the ultimate
responsibility lies with the core committers.

> However, It may actually be valuable the way they are doing it now, so I'm
> reserving judgement until I can sit down and port my latest project to it...
> and check out how well it works.

This is what we ask, so thanks and please provide feedback!

> The moment I have to do a cast, I'll consider it a sign that it needs more
> work.

This is what we propose: when you come across a point where generics
should be added, give us a note. We will take it into consideration,
just as we do with removing "final" in our code base.

Martijn

Apache Wicket 1.3.4 is released