On 14-Jul-08, at 11:24 AM, Martijn Dashorst wrote:

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 5:03 PM, Brill Pappin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I think you are *not* in the minority, but a lot of the dissenters piped in
last minute in a big flood so to some it might look that way.

I think this is a baseless statement: both sides have been very vocal.
In any case this will not be a majority vote unless there is a 1-99%
split, but even then: the core committers have the final say and it is
their responsibility to move the project forward in the way they deem
to be in the best interest of the framework. This doesn't say the
wicket committers don't value your input, nor won't take it into
account (lots of double negatives). In other words: we *do* value your
input and feedback, and will take it into account, but the ultimate
responsibility lies with the core committers.

I'd say that WIcket *is a product*, and as such the consumers of that product have the final say. It's up to the "core committers" to do the best job they can to make sure their "consumers" are getting what they need... just because it's an OS project that we don't have to buy, doesn't mean that the project doesn't depend on people using it.

That said, I think that you guys have done some good work and have produced a good product with or without the generics.

- Brill Pappin