On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 5:36 PM, Brill Pappin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'd say that WIcket *is a product*, and as such the consumers of that
> product have the final say.

We build this in our spare time, and are customers ourselves. Wicket
is not a product, it is an open source community. The definition of
community is in the strictest sense defined as the core committers.
They have to do the job, and won't do it when they don't see any
benefit, or don't enjoy working on the project.

> It's up to the "core committers" to do the best
> job they can to make sure their "consumers" are getting what they need...

We are not your slaves. The Apache license explicitly states so:

7. Disclaimer of Warranty. Unless required by applicable law or agreed
to in writing, Licensor provides the Work (and each Contributor
provides its Contributions) on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR
CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied, including, without
limitation, any warranties or conditions of TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT,
MERCHANTABILITY, or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. You are solely
responsible for determining the appropriateness of using or
redistributing the Work and assume any risks associated with Your
exercise of permissions under this License.

> just because it's an OS project that we don't have to buy, doesn't mean that
> the project doesn't depend on people using it.

We don't say that, but without the core committers, you won't have a
framework. Treat us gently and you'll get a lot done. :D

Martijn

Apache Wicket 1.3.4 is released