> I'd say that WIcket *is a product*, and as such the consumers of that product
> have the final say.

I think closer to reality - the consumer's final say - is that when
people don't like the product anymore, they'll switch to alternatives
or - unique to open source software - create their own branches.
Obviously, we value the input of involved users highly, which is
exactly why we start up these discussions! :-)

> That said, I think that you guys have done some good work and have produced
> a good product with or without the generics.

Cheers,

Eelco