On Jul 24, 2008, at 8:58 , Johan Compagner wrote:

Its not just wicket who expects serializable..
A webcontainer also expects every thing in the http session to be
serializeable and not just for clustering.. Also for restarts or the

AFAIK it's not true: J2EE application *may* ask for serialization if you enable some kind of clustering in the webserver. But above all that happens for the *session*, not for each datum I manage :-)

container could flush idle session to disk to conserve memory.

And wicket only wants it if you use the diskpagestore so if you dont
use that then wicket doesnt really care

AFAIK (but here with higher margins of error) you can't avoid the use of the diskpagestore on Wicket 1.4.

--
Fabrizio Giudici, Ph.D. - Java Architect, Project Manager
Tidalwave s.a.s. - "We make Java work. Everywhere."