On Aug 22, 2008, at 1:01 AM, Guillaume Lerouge wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Globally I like it.
>

> Great :-)
>

>> Some comments:
>>
>> 1) Link menu item:
>> * How do we add a link to an email address?
>> * How do we add a link to a generic URI?
>> * How do we add an interwiki link?
>

> I forgot about that, I'll add them.
>

>> I think all these can be answered by providing a "Custom Link..."
>> item
>> in the drop down menu to let users enter whatever format they want.
>> It
>> would have 3 fields:
>> - label
>> - reference (this is the free form)
>> - target
>

> They might be merged with the "link to web page", I'll try some
> options.
>

>> 2) Insert menu item:
>> * I don't like the "Insert TOC" too much since the TOC is a macro
>> like
>> other macros. BTW this is true for the table too but here I agree
>> that
>> table should be in this menu... which means BTW that for the
>> implementation we need to filter out the table from the macro list...
>

> {table} , {image} , {attach} , {toc} : all of them are macros :-) I
> put it
> there because I feel it has a special importance and is used more
> often than
> other macros, but it would fit nicely under the macros menu as well.
>

>> 3) Macro menu item:
>> * Can categories be more than 1 level deep?
>> * Can a macro be in more than 1 category?
>> Note: This means that in the Macro descriptor implementation we need
>> to add the notation of category which we don't currently have (we
>> have
>> macro description and parameters description).
>

> I'd say 1 macro per category and the ability to add an additional
> level of

You mean 1 category per macro I guess... :)

I think we need to prepare for the fact that there'll be lots of
macros. If we list the the ones we currently have in the old rendering
we have about 40-50 I think + the ones the user can add. To find them
easily it might be best to put them in different categories.

Implementation note: If we want to list velocity macros too then
there's work to do. We should probably only list rendering module
macros in the first version.

One thing we might want to add too if a search box so that the user
can search on the macro name + macro description + macro parameter
descriptions and get matching macros listed.

> depth if our macro headcount grows too far. Howeverthis might not be
> a good
> idea (too many drop-down menus isn't good) so I'll try designing a
> dialog
> box for macro selection.
>

>> 4) Import menu item:
>> * You didn't show the submenu items
>

> You can see them in the feature mindmap right above on the page.
>

>> 5) Link Dialog Box - Browse tab
>> * It's missing the ability to link to a subwiki (i.e. the wiki
>> filter)
>>
>> 6) Link Dialog Box - Search tab
>> * Again missing multiwiki
>> * What if put the name of an attachment. How do I create a link to it
>> from the search dialog box?
>

> Look at the image more closely : it shows up as an attachment in the
> search
> results list and you can create a link by clicking on the button.

You didn't comment on the missing multiwiki feature. Do you agree?

>> 7) Link Dialog Box - Recently Modified
>> * By everyone or by me only or both?
>>

> I'd say by everyone and provide the author column to let the user
> filter by
> himself only if he wants to.
>

>> 8) Link to a web page
>> * Wrong dialog box....
>

> Right, I'll fix that.
>

>> 9) Link to a new page
>> * What about a link to a page in another wiki?
>> * New page title --> New page name. This is not the title!
>

> Right. I'll add both.
>

>> BTW In English there's no space before ":"
>>
>> 10) Link Settings
>> * Not sure I like the fact that you can set tooltip/etc when creating
>> the link. I'm not sure on this.

Typo. I meant "...that you *can't* set...".