Thanks but this was solved thanks to Thomas, because I had forgotten to set
the correct aliases, so default urls did not work ... But now it does ! :)

However my new issue is that it seems main users and workspace users are not
really considered and treated the same way depending on the use-cases ...
For example in my new workspace (let's call it "newws"), in table
activitystream_events I can find both values in ase_user field :
"xwiki:XWiki.jbousque" and "XWiki.jbousque".
The "top active members" then list a distinct entry for both (one with link
to profile in main wiki, the other with link to profile in "newws"
workspace), though the user directory only lists one user (the one in
"newws").
By the way a new profile was created for me in "newws", auto-magically (but
not from the start, I think it was created when I clicked on "join
workspace"), and this new profile has no link with my main profile (the
settings are the defaults).

I just wondered if it was expected behaviour (don't think so), or an issue
in the workspace app, or again a configuration problem on my side ?