Hi and thanks Eduard, all your remarks seem logical to me ... The use case
for duplicated user that you described seem to match what I did.

To answer one of your questions, the new (workspace-local) profile is a real
page with a real XWiki.XWikiUsers object inside of it, but with no link with
my existing (global) profile. It's freshly created with defaults (some
coming from LDAP). As I have LDAP authent and synchro activated on another
side, it might explain why the profile was automatically created also.

I agree to test this on a fresh install but as I don't have much time to do
that, I'll do that when I'll migrate to XE 3.3 wich is planned. This was
what I intended anyway knowing that issues from workspace app would be fixed
in 3.3 ...