From: users [mailto:users-boun...@xwiki.org] On Behalf Of Ecaterina Moraru
(Valica)
Sent: 25 April 2017 18:33
To: XWiki Mailinglist <users@xwiki.org>
Subject: [xwiki-users] [Proposal][UX] Feedback for Explicit Content Actions

Hi,

We had feedback that new users don't know where to find the 'Edit' and 'Create'
buttons. Also there is some confusions of why we have a 'cog' icon that
contains actions like 'Delete' and a 'three dots' icon that contain other
actions.

Would be great if you could tell us which version you prefer:
P2:
http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Proposal/IdeaLabeledActions/advancedUser.png
P4:
http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Proposal/IdeaLabeledActions/P4_1_bigger.png

Both proposals add backgrounds around the icons, the main difference is that P2
also uses descriptive labels, while P4 keeps the consistency with the top icons
and a more minimalist style.

For the more actions menu, we want to combine the actions and add category
labels, see
http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Proposal/IdeaLabeledActions/moreActions.png

What do you think? Do you have other solutions for your instances? Did you
encounter the same problem?

Thanks,
Caty