From: Nate Temple [mailto:nate.tem...@ettus.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2017 1:37 PM
To: Philip Balister <phi...@balister.org>
Cc: Matheou, Konstantin J. (GRC-LCI0)[ZIN TECHNOLOGIES INC]
<konstantin.j.math...@nasa.gov>; usrp-users@lists.ettus.com
Subject: Re: [USRP-users] When ssh'ing Getting prompt for Password Issue

Hi Konstantin,

You may want to try putting your VM into a Bridge Network mode. There may be an
issue with the NAT routing. If operating in Bridged mode, ensure your Host, VM
and E3xx all have different IP addresses.

Regards,
Nate Temple

> On Aug 3, 2017, at 9:39 AM, Philip Balister via USRP-users
> <usrp-users@lists.ettus.com> wrote:
>
> On 08/03/2017 11:07 AM, Matheou, Konstantin J. (GRC-LCI0)[ZIN
> TECHNOLOGIES INC] via USRP-users wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I have the E310 hooked up with an Ethernet wire, and I can ping from my
>> Linux Ubuntu Virtual machine (created by Oracle VirtualBox software).
>>
>> But when I try to SSH, I did get access denied.. until I added a  VM rule
>> for port 22 in Network Settings of the VM.
>>
>> But now I get the password message in the Linux terminal to place a
>> password.  As we know, the password is empty per the instructions on the
>> website.
>
> Did you hit return to see if it gave you a prompt?
>
> Philip
>

>> So I went into ssh_config file in Linux at ect/ssh and altered a line
>> that allows for no passwords... This is the site..
>> http://developer.toradex.com/knowledge-base/ssh
>>
>> But I am still not getting past the password login.
>>
>> Is there any other advice you can give me?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Konstantin

  • [US... Matheou, Konstantin J. (GRC-LCI0)[ZIN TECHNOLOGIES INC] via USRP-users
    • ... Neel Pandeya via USRP-users
      • ... Matheou, Konstantin J. (GRC-LCI0)[ZIN TECHNOLOGIES INC] via USRP-users
        • ... Matheou, Konstantin J. (GRC-LCI0)[ZIN TECHNOLOGIES INC] via USRP-users
          • ... Marcus Müller via USRP-users
    • ... Philip Balister via USRP-users
      • ... Nate Temple via USRP-users