From: Uta [mailto:uta-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Ivan Ristic
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2017 2:10 PM
To: uta@ietf.org
Subject: [Uta] Establishing minimum TLS requirements for use with STS

At present, STS doesn't impose any restrictions on the quality of TLS
connection. Historically, new RFCs and protocols have been the only opportunity
to enforce better security. For comparison, HTTP/2 introduced a requirement to
use TLS 1.2 and suites with forward security and authenticated encryption.

I think something similar should be done with MTA-STS. In particular, forward
security strikes me as extremely important, however the HTTP/2 approach seems
sound overall.

--
Ivan