On 25 October 2017 at 19:16, Viktor Dukhovni <ietf-d...@dukhovni.org> wrote:

> - It is not the client that has enhanced security requirements,
>   rather it is the recipient domain that is politely requesting
>   enhanced security, and the client that supports STS is typically
>   willing to oblige the server.

​I'd say that the recipient domain is actually making a contract that it
guarantees to continue to provide the possibility of enhanced security.​ A
client that enforces STS will enforce that contract. By providing this
guarantee clients are able to enforce a stronger security assurance since
they know that the server will do its part. So I'd say your
characterisation has things backwards.

Regards

Rich.