On 11/10, Roland McGrath wrote:

> Ok.  I realize it's largely separate, but I think we want to hash through
> this along with the other set of after-report-behavior problems.
>
> Also, it doesn't seem sensible to fiddle with utrace_report_syscall_entry
> separate from resolving UTRACE_SYSCALL_RESUMED change to the API.  There
> was not much feedback about that change, but IIRC nobody was against it.
> So I've decided to merge the old utrace-syscall-resumed branch into
> utrace-cleanup.

I saw you have utrace-syscall-resumed branch but never looked at it.

I'll try to follow these changes once I fix utrace-ptrace. Now that
upstream problems with syscall_exit && trap are hopefully resolved
this should be easy.

Today I was distracted by workqueue bug (bluetooth driver actually),
will try tomorrow.

Roland, I guess utrace-cleanup becomes the "master" branch, yes?
I mean, utrace-ptrace should be updated according to the recent
changes in utrace-cleanup, and this is what you are going to send
upstream.

This means you should also merge utrace-cleanup into utrace-ptrace?
Then I fix utrace-ptrace. I _think_ this will be easy too.
ptrace_report_syscall_exit() can notice ctx->resume == UTRACE_SINGLESTEP
and send the trap if utrace_control() doesn't set TIF_SINGLESTEP
"synchronously".

(And this means with utrace tracehook_report_syscall_exit() can do
 nothing except utrace_report_syscall_exit()).

Oleg.