On 11/12, Oleg Nesterov wrote:

> On 11/12, Roland McGrath wrote:
> >
> > I did some tweaks that I think address the several things you've raised.
> > But I didn't try to reply point by point.  I've merged everything up now,
> > so the utrace-cleanup branch is gone.  Please review the current code and
> > post about anything we still need to fix.
>
> Great, thanks.
>
> I will definitely read the changes in utrace.c, if nothing else this is
> interesting to me. But for now, until utrace-ptrace is updated/finished,
> I will assume it is correct and doesn't need any further changes.

(except the SIGTRAP changes in utrace_report_syscall_exit() we are discussing
 in another thread)

Roland, I pulled the last changes in your tree (utrace-cleanup merged
in utrace-ptrace) and did some testing.

In short: utrace-ptrace does not work at all.

It fails a lot (if not most) of tests, in particular
sa-resethand-on-cont-signal hangs and clone-multi-ptrace silently
crashes the kernel.

The quick investigation didn't help, utrace.c has too much changes,
I will read the code tomorrow from the very beginning.

Today I am going to pretend utrace works and do the discussed changes
in utrace-ptrace, then try to fix utrace.

Oleg.