On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 15:26, District Webmaster wrote:
> I wonder, though, how many things get perpetuated because somebody says
> "the Brethren" said it was so -- and none of us know our religion well
> enough to know the difference, or care to find out. And even if we
> think it's bunk, most of us would rather err on the side of caution --
> so stuff just keeps getting spread around that is unfounded.

Or because "My trainer said...", "The APs said....", "President
said...", etc. Yes folks, not everything you hear in Sunday school or
over the pulpit is true. If the prophet said it (while prophet), it's
true. If your bishop said it, it's probably true. If a retired high
priest said it.... You get the picture.

But then we all knew that already. I just wanted to give everyone a
chance to say "This guy I once knew, named Stuart (great guy), said..."

--
Stuart Jansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED], AIM:StuartMJansen>

Interviewer: What do you think anything[sic] is still missing from
the [Linux] kernel?
Andrew Morton: Groupies!