TC, every so often someone tells me to switch over to the newer gin., but the more I see on the list the less comfortable feel about switching over. mine is a all original 87 ignition components and other than keeping the connectors clean and corrosion free it's performed flawlessly, had the odd stator problem( caused by a bad battery) and a upgrade to a 4 pole starter. the early style electric's to me are the why to go,now if Yamaha hadn't cheapened out on the under gauge wiring harness everything would be great!
Tyler Pennock,VMOA # 380
Eastern-Canada Director
1987 Vmax 1260
Ottawa,ON,Canada