Kerri,

> Maybe I'm just a super-rich American, but I don't understand the
> complaint about an educational discount.  Is $5 going to break you?  I
> understand an EDU discount on something like CS4, but for Versions?
> How much of a discount are you expecting?

Dualy noted, but when you could use this software for 500 machines
plus a huge lab environment, plus then students will buy it for use
outside of the lab, etc then yes $5 on each copy does make a difference.

> ....command line SVN?  If one of my employees pulled the excuse of
> "oh, my SVN client timed out" I'd time /them/ out.

Always an option.

Right, my excuse was a joke, I would never let it get to that point.

But Versions is faster, easier than command-line anything.

> I'm really surprised at the attitude and the QQ - does the "do what I
> want NOW or I take my business elsewhere!" line ever work for anyone,
> in any situation in life?

It is absolutely valid in life. In a lot of situations. Maybe besides
being a super rich american you live under a rock too? The philosophy
of "do what we need to run our business, or we will find someone that
can" is valid for many many things.

-Jason