> In daily newspapers? Yes. I've read both the kind that made me feel good
> (the concert review from the concert I attended the day before) and those
> that made me feel not-so-good (generally those involving technical
> matters). But the latter are not written for me, and that makes one hell
> of a difference. Among other things the job of the journalist at the daily
> newspaper is to simplify for the masses - if everyone understood the
> details of everything I would agree that we could just get rid of most
> journalists. However, none of us understand the details of about
> everything.
> The real question here is: Why are blogs any different? For every one
> person who writes in-depth like the magazine journalist there are 200 who
> simplify like the journalist at the daily paper. I fail to see the
> problem. Other than the fact that the journalist usually went to school to
> learn how to simplify without misrepresentation.

you bring up two good pints:
--most journalism tries to simplfy a complex issue for the masses.
--why are blogs different

blogs are different becasue they dont have to simplify anything.
they in fact can get very very specific about a topic/event.
this is GREAT.
therefore...if a blogger can prove his/her integrity, the blog can
become a source for the journalist.

here's how it works.
im going to do an article on Andreas Pederson.
what do i do?
i google his name.
i spend the evening reading up on blogs posts you have written or
written about you.
when i call you for the interview...i have a lot of background from
which to begin the questioning.

jay

--
Adventures in Videoblogging