I'm not so keen on the war on text. Don't get me wrong, I love audio and video as a medium. But I also have a love interest with the written word. As much as I love to watch what everyone else is doing and feeling, sometimes I prefer to let my imagination take hold when reading a text.
-Joan

On 11/23/05, Lucas Gonze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 11/22/05, Jay dedman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> i keep thinking of my (unborn)kids who will go online and SEE and HEAR
> the world through their computers. Its a real sharing of
> consciousness.

Seeing and hearing is a lot closer to the way we think about things.
It's easier to absorb what somebody is saying if you can see their
face and hands and body language.  I mean, there has never yet been a
text blog post where the person didn't talk at all, yet people
communicate without talking in the real world all the time.

I'll be sad when that happens.  I love writing and the way that the
internet has gotten me to write all the time.  I remember when the
internet first blew up that I was exercising my writing muscles more
than I ever had, but that's not going to be the case when things are
mainly seeing and hearing.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/lBLqlB/TM