That's how I feel. You said what I meant but in a more ranting kind of way. :)
Joan

On 11/23/05, Josh Wolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
War on Text? This is the most asinine idea that I have ever
encountered. First off, we're talking about a natural evolution that
will or won't occur whether or not you decide to declare a supposed
"war on text." Secondly, let's look at this historically, prior to
the invention of the telephone, people wrote letters and many of
these letters were quite eloquent; just watch a Ken Burns doc.
Suddenly the telephone allowed us to communicate instantaneously and
allowed us to have the banal conversations we have every day even
when our loved ones were away. This point marks the decline of letter
writing. Before there was radio and then TV, books were a more
prevalent form of entertainment, and there is something to be said
about the literary value of a well-written book that simply isn't
comparable through video. I can list dozens more reasons why text is
a valuable part of our culture, and the very fact that you're
engaging in this dialogue through a written mailing list proves it.
So please tell me why you want to embark upon a "war on text?" Really
the whole idea is needlessly provocative and altogether spooky...

Josh

The Revolution Will Be Televised
www.joshwolf.net

On Nov 22, 2005, at 7:56 PM, Joan Khoo wrote:

> I'm not so keen on the war on text. Don't get me wrong, I love
> audio and video as a medium. But I also have a love interest with
> the written word. As much as I love to watch what everyone else is
> doing and feeling, sometimes I prefer to let my imagination take
> hold when reading a text.
> -Joan

Individual Fireant Typepad
Use