On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 22:10:52 +0100, Kent Nichols
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Enric" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Media RSS has not been widely adopted outside of Yahoo.  Look at some
>> of the prior posts on here about multiple enclosures.
>
> That's like saying Microsoft Word has not been widely adopted outside
> of Microsoft.  Are there competitors?  Sure.  Can it be easier for
> people to find and subscribe to feeds, absolutely, but right now
> FireAnt and iTunes use mRSS.  Done and done.

To the best of my knowledge iTunes only supports their own RSS extension,
not Media RSS. Don't get me wrong, I like Media RSS and was pretty active
when the original spec was being formulated, but it hasn't gotten wide
adoption (yet).

>> "Video podcasting" does not apply to products like fireAnt that allow
>> the blog and feedback that makes a videoblog.
>
> You're right I did not address the interactive potential of video
> blogging.  But Video Blogging is still a push media much like
> television.  Part of the attraction to video blogs is the
> responsiveness from the creators of the shows to the audience.  Emails
> and comments can be incorporated into the next show.  Try emailing
> your favorite show now and see what happens.

E-mail is the two-dollar whore of interactivity.
Videoblogging is not a push medium (if it was it would not be blogging),
and you have to stop thinking of interactivity as 'flying pigs' and Other
Stuff You Can Click On. There are other types of interactivity. In the
most basic form video is placed on blogs. Viewers click from blog to blog
and connects the pieces into wholes. Doesn't work on tv.

>> Here and following is shown how to fit into the current model of one
>> way television communication, rather than the disruptive change of
>> incorporating the ability of linking and comment response in blogging.
>>  The one-way non-interactive large audience broadcast model hasn't
>> evolved, just opened up to more people with less resources.
>
> Yes, exactly.  This opens up creation to practically everyone.  I
> still think we're in the middle of evolving the model of how
> interactive the media can be, but I've seen studies and heard
> anecdotes that people want to be engaged and told a story -- the
> dislike too many options or adventures to choose from during an actual
> story.

30 minute videos don't work well on the web for a reason. The computer is
an interactive experience - if you force tv on it it gets really boring
really fast. Videoblogging isn't about copying the tv concept to the web.
There are over 22 million blogs tracked by Technorati. People do want to
create content that fits into an interactive enviroment and they do want
to consume it because it is valuable. It's not tv, and if you try to force
a tv concept on it you will fail. Adapt video to the blog concept and you
will succeed.

- Andreas
--
<URL:http://www.solitude.dk/>