I have been playing around trying to embed flash video on my web page, so, visitors could just click on that and play it (as an alternative to my feed).

I created a flv file, and used dreamweaver 8 to embed it in a web page, and it seems to work on a test page I created (though it takes some time to load)

http://www.richardshow.com/flash_test.html

I tried lifting the code that dreamweaver generated and put it in a word press post, but the page did not show anything.

The code I used looked like this

<object classid="" codebase="" href="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0"> http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0" width="342" height="291" id="FLVPlayer">
  <param name="movie" value="FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf" />
  <param name="salign" value="lt" />
  <param name="quality" value="high" />
  <param name="scale" value="noscale" />
  <param name="FlashVars" value="&MM_ComponentVersion=1&skinName=Halo_Skin_3&streamName= http://richard.blip.tv/file/get/Richard-RichardsWifesBirthdayWMV360&autoPlay=false&autoRewind=false " />
  <embed src="" flashvars="&MM_ComponentVersion=1&skinName=Halo_Skin_3&streamName= http://richard.blip.tv/file/get/Richard-RichardsWifesBirthdayWMV360&autoPlay=false&autoRewind=false" quality="high" scale="noscale" width="342" height="291" name="FLVPlayer" salign="LT" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage=" http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
</object>

Also, I moved two .swf files that dreamweaver generated to the same root directory of the site, which is where I think the wordpress pages/posts go.

These were

FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf

and

Halo_Skin_3.swf

(I guess I should note that dreamweaver also generated some _javascript_ in the header and something inside the body tag which is onLoad, but I'm pretty sure that had to do with checking to see if the right player was available - I tried adding that to the main index page template too and that didn't seem to change anything, though I didn't think it would ... but FYI ... you can see all this in the source of the file that dreamwever generated that works flash-test.html)

... any ideas on what I did wrong would be appreciated ... thanks!

... Richard

--
Richard
http://www.richardshow.com