There are a lot of these players coming out now.

If it were possible to create permalinks so that a link would take
you to the site AND make the player play a certain episode, that'd be
perfect.

Crowdabout.us have recently released a similar large Show player - 2
weeks ago - and allowed anonymous commenting without logging into
their site (which you had to do before).  So you and your viewers can
use their commenting and posting system, putting information and
conversations at specific points along the timeline of your videos
(with great RSS).  I strongly advise you to check it out.  It runs
straight off your Blip RSS - they just pull in your flv files from
Blip and then allow their commenting.

At the moment, though, I want people to be able to link to specific
episodes, not just watch the latest by default.

I wrote to Crowdabout.us and asked them if they could produce another
player, which allowed specific episodes to be played within
individual permalinked blog posts.  I hope they're going to do it.
If they do, I will switch straightaway to using their players.  The
show player on the Home page and the individual players within the
individual post pages.

This kind of functionality is moving towards what Steve Elbows has
talked about here for a long time and which I am always very excited
about the possibility of - everything contained within one player - a
multipurpose blog tool.

The idea of making the videos themselves richer with easy custom
hyperlinks and hotspots is also something I salivate over.

I think people will start to build all this stuff in as the more
advanced players get more popular.  Wish it would all happen right
now, though.  Technologically, I can't see any reason why it
shouldn't.  Surely just a question of incentive, energy and
inspiration.  Maybe Elbows will come up with some blueprints - now
he's overcome his Flashphobia ;)  If I can help at all, even just as
a sounding board, let me know.

Rupert
http://twittervlog.blogspot.com/
http://www.twitter.com/ruperthowe/