--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "danielmcvicar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This sort of "transparent" hashing out of a business matter on line
> shows that there is some growing up to do with the new media.

Dan, respectfully I suggest you put on a expensive suit and visit
<http://the-late-nite-
mash.blip.tv/file/110536> for a little attitude adjustment.

In all seriousness though, I think that transparancy is missing in MSM and I
welcome it in
new media, especially  in cases like this. Blogs and alternative news outlets
were the only
places where, in the run up to the Iraq invasion, people questioned the claims
made to
justify the war. Big difference granted.

Consider the next time you are depicted on a potato chip (or anything else)
without your
blessing. I don't want you to hesitate asking for others to chime in if it is
justified. I am
guessing you are a member of SAG. You don't have to haggle with late paying
clients. Or if
green M&M's are in your trailer when your contract's rider specifically states
NO GREEN
M&M"S. SAG is your stickman, your posse, they got your back.

I got your back as a member of this group. I bet a lot of folks here would take
up a
justified cause in order to assist in resolving a problem.

Democracy. Safety in numbers. Mob rule. Of the three I 'd say the first two
apply here.

> Let's leave the lawyering to the lawyers, and get creative.
Lawyers are or should be the last resort. No one wins when it gets to the point
of hiring
the suits to file suite. Except the suit that can then afford a little Miss
Slap and Mistress
Tickle.

I really think that unless it is already been shot down, it my be time to get
MORE
organized.

<http://adage.com/article?article_id=119152>
"Of course, whether those outlets will be willing to deal with a company that
gives artists
greater ownership over their intellectual property (as well as participation in
revenue
streams like advertising) is an open question. But if major stars can be
persuaded to fool
around online for fun and profit, 60Frames may well be a potent force for
change in
Hollywood.

The union question
Also unclear is how Hollywood's labor unions will react. Efforts by the Screen
Actors Guild
and Hollywood's agents to salvage a six-decade-old master franchise agreement
fell short
in 2002, meaning that agencies could potentially invest in production companies
--
previously a verboten practice for agents. (United Talent Agency, for its part,
declined to

And here is where I end my contribution to this thread.

Peace of the pi(p)e pale face.