I totally agree.  And whatever we think about TV content here, the
must-have gadget for rich Westerners is a huge flat & wide HD TV.

And I think that, uh, 'indiepunk' content can be in HD.

I'd love my N93 to have HD resolution instead of 640x480.  I want to
shoot daily Twittervlog anarchy in HD.  The new Xactis have FULL HD -
1980x1020 with 1.5hrs on an 8Gig SD card, and they're not much bigger
than my N93.  If they had good built-in editor and wifi like the
N93/N95, I'd switch in a heartbeat.  There's definitely an audience
out there already with set top boxes like AppleTV, who want to watch
stuff that fills their massive screens and thumps on their massive
speakers.  (The stereo sound is already pretty good on my N93,
especially considering it's a phone).  I want to pump their asses full
of rough & ready videoblog madness, instead of condemning them to a
lifetime of slickly produced tech shows and lame staged comedy.

Let me know what happens with your set top box project.

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv/
http://feeds.feedburner.com/twittervlog

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm still waiting for good hi-definition content come out of this
> spacem, because I, like many fat bloated americans, enjoy sitting on
> my ass in front of my home theater (this goes totally against the
> indiepunkish ethos of 'well I don't owwwwwwn a television', etc) and
> having my ears tantalized in 7.1 surround sound.
>
> There are three types of content I adore-- Video, video and sometimes
> video. Sometimes it's on YouTube, sometimes it's buried in a forum
> someplace, and other times, it comes from a TV studio or DVD (my god I
> love Entourage, don't you?).
>
> We are the Content Creation Class-- we're kinda different than
> everyone else (read: consumers). But damn, how does your audio podcast
> compete with the non-interface of turning on satellite radio in the
> car? Apples to Oranges, and our risk for elitism just *hates* that
> kind of reality. :)
>
> ER
>

> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Rupert <rupert@> wrote:
> >
> >  > On 13 Nov 2007, at 11:38, Bill Cammack wrote:
> >  > I wondered how to drag all of those people, aimlessly streaming
> > past me, into viewing an online show.....
> >
> > ---
> >
> > Set top box.  That's the only way you'll get people watching online
> > shows.  I don't know if you use the term 'set top box' in the US.  I
> > just mean a box that plugs into your TV.  One that'd allow people to
> > watch ordinary network shows on their widescreen tv and also surf
> > internet TV.
> >
> > People will not watch shows on a computer.  Do you know anybody who
> > watches anything on a computer?  Other than the odd bored moment
> > surfing old TV shows on Youtube?  My friends and family will watch
my
> > videoblog, mostly because I've forced them to by subscribing them
via
> > email, but they won't then go on to watch any of the vlogs I link
to,
> > or click on the URLs of people who comment.
> >
> > Computers are full of distractions, and are quite hard things to use
> > if you want to concentrate on or relax to motion picture
> > entertainment.  The TV / Couch combo works.  I firmly believe it's
> > just a matter of someone bringing internet video to the couch.
Until