For a few more cents worth....
I use a Sony Z1, which definitely has both good points and bad points.
I have used a panasonic P-2 which I found to be absolutely great in
good light, but goes to mud very quickly... I did not find it to be a
good low light camera.

I am watching the new Sony that is due out shortly. Both it and the
new Panasonic out soon supposedly will  use a new GOP  that is
intraframe rather than interframe compression.  The new Sony will have
interchangable lenses as well as overcranking and undercranking and
multiple frame rates. Supposedly it will also be able to record in HD
on tape and to a SD card at the same time. Price point is to be around
8,000.... OK here comes the disclaimer.I have not seen the camera-have
only 'heard' about it.
Just food for thought.
Susan