I thought you and Zadi would go apeshit when you saw it.  I know
Cheryl's video earlier in the year upset you guys, and it was a lot
more of a reasoned 'call bullshit' (even if wrong) than this.  If
someone did this to me, I might respect their right to do it as an
artist, but you can be pretty sure they wouldn't get such a calm,
well-reasoned reply.

I agree that your success hasn't come at the expense of other content
creators.  You *are* independent artists.  Many, many times more
independent than the 'independent' American filmmakers who get so
much praise and glory.  Even those fantastic 'independent' movies in
the 'golden age' of the 1970s were mostly funded and distributed by
subsidiaries of big scared Hollywood studios.

My worry, as I said before, is that when internet video moves away
from computers and onto other devices - couch-based home
entertainment systems and portable devices - the interfaces will be
designed by the corporate overlords to only feature commercial-
friendly independent shows - and there'll be no easy way for users to
find those of us who are less mainstream.  That's something you
popular kids can help with, I guess.  And FU does, in the content of
your show.

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv