Hi Milt!

Statistics show that releasing a novel one chapter at a time does not
harm sales when you finally bundle it to sell in full. In some cases
it actually helps the sales. I was just on a panel called Digital
Bundling for BEA (Book Expo America) and we discussed these topics
specifically.

I think selling a DVD of your accumulated material is good idea. Try
it out and see how it goes! You can always make it "for a limited time
only" in case it proves to be more trouble than it is worth.

What might be interesting to try, and perhaps this is something I
could bring up to the ADM (Association of Downloadable Media), is a
list of quality content providers that are grouped according to target
audience, genre and/or synopsis, then advertise those shows to ad
agencies, video sites, out-of-home markets, etc. as package deals.
Sell seasons, advertise for sponsors, etc. all in one area so people
can go there and shop for shows. Or, perhaps there's something like
that out there already and I don't know about it?

For me, I would totally be up for paying for sponsorship or for a
season of a good, quality show that has anything to do with books,
comics, reading or literacy. I just don't know where to go to find
those shows. But it would be great to have a new line up for my
Reader's Entertainment TV site.

Just typing out loud. ;-)

Sheila