You know what? You're right. I stand corrected. I'm not an artist and have
never been one so I don't really get it.

I was always under the assumption, and from this thread, that some artists
consider other artists who get successful as "sell outs" or "lucky". I think
my point is that the point of true art is not about profit? Can I assume
that most artists believe that?

If so, and you're an artist at heart, why does it bother you seeing success
from another artist?

As a marketer, I just see things differently. I make stuff for the purpose
of driving my brand and $$$. Not for art.

Jim