"All the guy did was stand in front of a video camera and talk for two or
three minutes. How was that any different
from what I was doing in poetry slams?"

Umm. the writing and presentation is funny, not boring like a poetry slam,
that's why it's popular. All he did was stand in front of a camera? That's
sour grapes I think. Sure, it's not "fair" that nobody gives a crap about
poetry in the real world, but that's just the way it is. People want to be
entertained, and Kent did that. The shit is funny, and yeah, the jump cut
editing helps it be funnier.

I'm finding the whining from the artists on this list to be annoying. You
should be doing your art for the love of your art, not for money. I don't
believe there is a cross intersection between art and marketing. It's one or
the other. If you want to make money, go make stuff that people want to
see/watch/listen to. Learn how to be a marketer.

If you don't want to "sell out", then that's great. I'm glad for you. Just
quit bitching about the people who are successful.

Jim Kukral