It's been some time since I've done any screen recording software, but
if you can live without all the whiz bang features of CamTasia (and
the high price) and just need screen recording, CamStudio is a good
choice. If nothing else, try it out, and if it doesn't work for your
needs, it's not like you've lost anything. Can't say how well it runs
on Vista, though, I've only used it on XP.

Steve Riekeberg
Host, Geek Cred
<http://www.geekcred.net>