Hi everyone:

RICHARD wrote:

> Can anybody recommend screen recording software for Windows XP/Vista?

For screencasts or to alternate between screen and webcam, I just simply
use ManyCam.  ManyCam is software with it's own WDM-compatible driver
which is recognized by most any video capturing software (Included and
other than it's own).

For just a still screen capture however, I just simply hit ALT+PRINT
SCREEN and use Irvanview to do any neccessary editing (This especially
comes in handy when capturing an active window).

> I intend to boot into Windows XP on my MacBook Pro and use the Windows
> equivalent screen recording software. My client doesn¹t support Macs on
> their network and I need to record clear video to show web pages for
> tutorials, etc. I¹ve tried using a video camera and the output from a
> switcher, but neither is clear enough for my purposes. The video I captured
> from iShowU is crystal clear and is exactly what they want. I just need
> screen recording software for Windows so I can join their network and record
> the screen.

Why can't you just use Windows Movie Maker or Windows Media Encoder and
set the bitrate to (Sake for the sake of argument) 700 Kbps.?  Seems to
me that would be a whole lot simpler than what you're trying to do as
outlined above.

Plus keep this in mind. Windows Media Player already comes pre-packaged
with all versions of Windows.  If your client doesn't support Macs on
their networks, WHY make 'em install Quicktime on their computers and/or
install a server that will stream Quicktime files when Windows Media A).
Will do the job just the same (Despite it being an MS product) and B).
Is all your client's network can apparently support?

Is there something I'm missing here?

> The video will be edited in Final Cut Pro 6.

Windows Movie Maker can edit videos too, ya know.

Cheers :D

--
Pat Cook
Denver, Colorado
PODCASTS -
AS MY WORLD TURNS - Blogger Page - http://asmyworldturnstv.blogspot.com/
BlogTV Page - http://www.blogtv.com/Shows/20453
AS MY WEIGHT LOSS WORLD TURNS - http://asmyweightlossworldturns.blogspot.com
PAT'S REAL DEAL VIDEO BLOG - http://patsrealdeal.livejournal.com/
PAT'S HEALTH & MEDICAL WONDERS VIDEOCAST -
http://patshealthmedicalwondersvideocast.blogspot.com/
YOUTUBE CHANNEL - http://www.youtube.com/amwowttv/
THE PAT COOK SHOW  - http://www.livevideo.com/thepcshow
THE PAT COOK SHOW (Video Podcast) - Blogger Page -
http://thepctvshow.blogspot.com/ - BlogTV Page -
http://www.blogtv.com/Shows/19924
**COMING SOON** - PAT'S CLASSIC TV COMMERCIALS VIDEO PODCAST -
http://patsclassictvcommercials-ipod.blogspot.com/ (iPod),
http://patsclassictvcommercials-flash.blogspot.com/ (Flash)